在和代理商谈过后,梅向总部汇报了一下工作,现在的谈判还是比较顺利的。
1)
M: Hello, it's May, in Manchester.
你好,我是梅,曼彻斯特。
B: Hello May. How's the exhibition going? Is the stand busy? Are you selling many holidays?
你好,梅。展会进行的如何?忙吗?度假旅游卖得如何?
M: Yes, thanks, it's very busy. I think it's going very well, actually.
是的,谢谢。非常忙。我想状况进展得真的很好。
B: Good. Are you having a good time in Manchester?
非常不错。你们在曼彻斯特过得怎么样?
M: Yes, thanks. We went to the Lake District yesterday and we go shopping just about every afternoon. But it's a bit expensive here.
非常不错,谢谢。大家昨天去了湖区,差不多每天下午都去逛街。不过这里的物价有点贵。
B: Oh is it? Have you had more discussions with the British agent?
哦,是吗?你们和英国的代理商进一步谈了吗?
M: Yes. We had a long meeting with them. I think they'll be good and they have agreed to the commission1 of eleven percent.
谈了。大家和他们谈了很长时间。我觉得这类公司还很好,他们赞同11%的佣金了。
B: Good, that's good.
非常不错,非常不错。
2)
B: Hello May? Are you still there?
你好,梅,还在吗?
M: Yes, I'm here.
是的,我在呢。
B: The agents, do they seem reliable to you?
那些代理商,你感觉他们可不可信?
M: Reliable? Yes, I think so. They've got a lot of experience.
靠谱?恩,我想是的。他们非常有经验。
B: Fine. I think we should prepare a contract for them. If I fax you a draft copy, can you look at it and show it to them?
非常不错。我想大家应该筹备一份合同。我传真给你一份草稿,你看一下,然后给代理商们看一下怎么样?
M: Yes, of course. They've also asked us for a large quantity of brochures, to help them in their marketing2.
好的,当然。他们还需要大家提供很多的宣传册,以便进行市场宣传。
B: OK, I'll arrange that. When is your next meeting with them?
好的,我会安排这件事情的。你们什么时间和他们再见面?
M: We're meeting with their finance3 director today and then with the other directors tomorrow, just to sort out some final details.
大家今天要和他们的财务主管见面,明天和其他的主管见面,商谈一些细节问题。
B: Fine. Let me know what happens. Thanks for all your hard work May. Say hello to Tony.
好的。告诉我结果。谢谢你们的努力工作。替我向托尼问好。