工作差不多占用了你一生三分之一的时间,所以工作高兴是尤为重要的。你的工作环境叫你快乐吗?快来测试一下吧!
I just read a fascinating book, The Levity1 Effect, by Adrian Gostick and Scott ChrisTOPher. Its about how levity can transform the workplace. They make a powerful case for why levity is an extremely effective tool for helping2 people to work better. 刚读了一本引人入胜的书《The Levity Effect》(《轻佻效应》),作者是Adrian Gostick和 Scott ChrisTOPher。这本书讲述了轻佻是怎么样改变办公场合的。两位作者为轻佻胡闹在帮助大家更好的工作方面提出了强有力的支持。
Now, you might be thinking, as I did, Levity would sure be tough for me, Im not particularly funny, and Im not particularly outgoing. 目前,或许你和我一样也觉得:轻佻对我而言一定非常难做到,我不是特别幽默的人,我更不是非常外向。
But what the authors mean by levity is really a sense of lightness.
但,这里作者对轻佻概念其实是一种心情轻松的感觉。
Ah, I thought, Im trying! The Ninth of my Twelve Commandments is Lighten up. When I posted sticky notes with key phrases all around my office and apartment, the one I put in the master bathroom read, Tender and light-hearted.
Gostick and ChrisTOPher include a quiz about workplace levity. Looking at it, I realized that most of my workplaces included these elements, which Im sure contributed to the positive experience I had everywhere .
For example, Id assumed that the atmosphere around the Supreme3 Court would be serious, thoughtful, and grand. And it was. But in her chambers4, Justice OConnor incorporated certain goofy aspects that made it a lot of fun, too. Each Halloween, she required her clerks to decorate elaborate pumpkins5, and birthday celebrations were always a big deal, and she took the clerks on a yearly outing . And that sort of thing really made a difference.
How does your workplace measure up? Take Gostick and ChrisTOPhers quiz:
相比之下你的办公场合是什么样的呢?请做一做作者们给出的小测验吧:
New employees are made to feel welcome 新职员感觉遭到了欢迎
Meetings are positive and light 开会时氛围积极、轻松
We have fun activities at least once a month 每月至少有一次娱乐活动
Its common to hear people laughing around here时常笑声不断
I can be myself at work 工作中我能展示自我本色
We have a lot of celebrations for special events 遇上特别事件大家有很多庆祝
When brainstorming6, we like to have fun 集体研讨时大家喜欢开玩笑
My boss is usually optimistic and smiling老板积极、面带微笑
Customers would call us fun to do business with 顾客们都说和大家合作心情愉快
I have a friend at work who makes me laugh 上班时我有一位让我大笑的朋友
We have a good time together 在一块的时候是美好时光
It occurs to me that this is a good list for home, too; I just need to substitute a few words. Ive been working hard to be a more light-hearted parent and spouse7, and these are helpful points to keep in mind.