A wise mentor once told that sometimes a great loss disguises as an opportunity.
一位睿智的导师过去对我说,有时你以为遇见了机会,实则却是面临着重大的损失。
It seems to be offering you something nice. But if you don't give it a second thought and try to get more, it traps you in an invisible stagnation.
它好像给你带来了什么好东西,但假如你不先三思三思然后去争取更多,它就会把你困在一种看不见的大停滞当中。
It's just like when you get a job offer.
这就譬如是当你获得工作机会时。
In most cases it's in your best interest to negotiate when you get a job offer.
在大部分状况下,当你获得工作机会时进行谈判符合你的最好利益。
Many employers admit to lowballing initial offers because they anticipate that the candidate will try to negotiate.
很多雇主承认低报了初始价格,由于他们判断候选人会尝试议价。
Identify situations where you fixed something that was broken.
就像你修复了某件本已损毁的东西。
Ideally, that story should mirror potential situations you might face in your new role.
在理想的状况下,故事应该反映你在新岗位中可能面临的情况。
When you communicate to the company your value in terms and language that they understand, it becomes easier to justify why you should be offered a higher salary.
当你通过他们理解的方法和语言向公司传达你的价值时,更容易证明为何你应该获得更高的薪水。
To be honest, I've been there. This is exactly the case.
老实讲,我一个人就历程过如此的事。
Life is the same.
生活本身也是一样的。
You wanna live a better life? You wanna be a better self? Then try to ask for more.
你想过上更好的生活吗?你想成为更好的自己吗?那就试着去索取更多吧。
(翻译:Frank)