Romain Rolland once said:
罗曼·罗兰曾说:
"Most men die at twenty or thirty;
“不少人在20岁、30岁的时候就去世了,
thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,
一过这个年龄,他们只是变成了我们的影子
for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,
此后的余生不过在模仿自己中度过,
repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."
日复1日,更机械,更装腔作势地重复他们有生之年的所作所为、所思所想、所爱所恨。”
Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.
近期,我突然发现这则引言说的就是我。
I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.
大学毕业之后,我听从爸爸妈妈的建议,在家乡找了一个稳定的公务职员作。
The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.
工作非常轻松,工作量也非常小。
So I have plenty of time of my own to spend.
所以我有充足的时间可以自由支配。
I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.
我买好了车和房屋,并依据爸爸妈妈的安排去约会。
Everything goes well in my life.
日常的所有都非常顺利。
But, last month I went to a classmates reunion. And it crashed my heart.
但,上个月我去了一个同学聚会。而我的心彻底被打碎了。
When we were having the meal. Some of my classmates talked about their interesting jobs and interesting challenges in Internet companies. Some of them were talking about strategies in investing in fund and stocks. Some of them were talking about all the new skills they have been learning, which I hadn't even heard of.
宴席上,有的同学在谈他们在网络公司那些有趣的工作、有趣的挑战,有的谈起他们在基金和股票上的投资方案,有的则在谈他们在学的一些新技能,而这类技能我听都没听过。
But I? All I could talk about was that my wife just got pregnant.
而我呢?我能说的只不过我太太前不久怀孕了。
And now it seems like my child is about to take the same boring path that I have taken.
目前看来,好像我的小孩也要走上我走过的这条无聊道路。
Is this the life that I want?
这真的是我想要的生活吗?
Is this even life?
这真的是生活吗?
This suddenly becomes so horrible to me. I can't live like this.
我忽然感觉这无比可怕。我不可以如此生活下去。
And that's why I started to search for a new job. I don't want to die when I am thirty.
而这,也就是我重新开始找工作是什么原因。我不想在30岁就死去。
Life is only worth living when there are things to explore.
生活,只有在还有新事物可以探索的时候,才值得活下去。
(翻译:能猫)