欢迎来到星沙英语网

名人诗歌|泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照5

来源:www.tinghaoxue.com 2025-03-17

21

Why did he choose to come to my door, the wandering youth, when the day dawned?

他为何特地来到我的门前,这年轻的游子,当天色黎明的时候?

As I come in and out I pass by him every time, and my eyes are caught by his face.

每次我进出经过他的身旁,我的双眼总被他的面庞所吸引。

I know not if I should speak to him or keep silent. Why did he choose to come to my door.

我不了解我是应该同他说话还是维持沉默。他为何特地到我门前来呢?

The cloudy nights in July are dark; the sky is soft blue in the autumn; the spring days are restless with the south wind.

7月的阴夜是黑沉的;秋天的天空是浅蓝的,南风把春季吹得骀荡不宁。

He weaves his songs with fresh tunes1 every time.

他每次用新调编着新歌。

I turn from my work and my eyes fill with the mist. Why did he choose to come my door?

我放手活计眼里充满雾水。他为何特地到我门前来呢?

22

When she passed by me with quick steps, the end of her skirt touched me.

当她用急步走过我的身旁,她的裙缘触到了我。

From the unknown island of a heart came a sudden warm breath of spring.

从一颗心的无名小岛上突然吹来了一阵春季的温馨。

A flutter of a flitting touch brushed me and vanished in a moment, like a torn flower petal2 blown in the breeze.

一霎飞触的撩乱扫拂过我,立刻又消失了,像扯落了的花瓣在和风中飘扬。

It fell upon my heart like a sigh of her body and whisper of her heart.

它落在我的心上,像她的身躯的叹息和她心灵的低语。

23

Why do you sit there and jingle3 your bracelets4 in mere5 idle sport?

你为何悠闲地坐在那里,把镯子玩得丁当作响呢?

Fill your pitcher6. It is time for you to come home.

把你的水瓶灌满了吧。是你应当回家的时候了。

Why do you stir the water with your hands and fitfully glance at the road for some one in mere idle sport?

你为何悠闲地拨弄着水玩。偷偷地瞥视路上的行人呢?

Fill your pitcher and come home.

灌满你的水瓶回家去吧。

The morning hours pass bythe dark water flows on.

早晨的时间过去了沉黑的水不住地流逝。

The waves are laughing and whispering to each other in mere idle sport.

波浪相互低语嬉笑闲玩着。

The wandering clouds have gathered at the edge of the sky on yonder rise of the land.

流荡的云片聚集在远野高地的天边。

They linger and look at your face and smile mere idle sport.

它们留连着悠闲地看着你的脸微笑着。

Fill your pitcher and come home.

灌满你的水瓶回家去吧。

24

Do not keep to yourself the secret of your heart, my friend!

不要把你心的秘密藏起,我的朋友!

Say it to me, only to me, in secret.

对我说吧,秘密地对我自己说吧。

You who smile so gently, softly whisper, my heart will hear it, not my ears.

你这个笑得如此温顺、说得如此轻软的人,我的心将听着你的语言,不是我的耳朵。

The night is deep, the house is silent, the birds' nests are shrouded7 with sleep.

夜深沉,庭宁静,鸟巢也被睡眠笼罩着。

Speak to me through hesitating tears, through faltering8 smiles, through sweet shame and pain, the secret of your heart.

从踌躇的眼泪里,从沉思的微笑着,从甜柔的羞怯和痛苦里,把你心的秘密告诉我吧!

25

Come to us, youth, tell us truly why there is madness in your eyes?

到大家这里来吧,年轻人人,老实告诉大家,为何你眼里携带疯癫?

I know not what wine of wild poppy I have drunk, that there is this madness in my eyes.

我不了解我喝了什么野罂粟花酒,使我的眼携带疯癫。

Ah, shame!

呵,多难为情!

Well, some are wise and some foolish, some are watchful9 and some careless. There are eyes that smile and eyes that weepand madness is in my eyes.

好吧,有些人聪明有些人愚拙,有些人细心有些人粗心。有些双眼会笑,有些双眼会哭我的双眼是携带疯癫的。

Youth, why do you stand so still under the shadow of the tree?

年轻人人,你为何如此凝立在树影下呢?

My feet are languid with the burden of my heart, and I stand still in the shadow.

我的脚被我沉重的心压得疲倦了,我就在树影下凝立着。

Ah, shame!

呵,多难为情!

Well, some march on their way and some linger, some are free and some are fetteredand my feet are languid with the burden of my heart.

好吧,有人一直行进,有人到外流连,有些人是自由的,有些人是锁住的我的脚被我沉重的心压得疲倦了。

26

What comes from your willing hands I take. I beg for nothing more.

从你慷慨的手里所付予的,我都同意。我别无所求。

Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant10, you ask for all that one has.

是了,是了,我了解你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的所有所有。

If there be a stray flower for me I will wear it in my heart.

如果是你给我一朵残花,我也要把它戴在心上。

But if there be thorns?

如果是那花上有刺呢?

I will endure them.

我就忍受着。

Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant, you ask for all that one has.

是了,是了,我了解你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的所有所有。

If but once you should raise your loving eyes to my face it would make my life sweet beyond death.

假如你只在我脸上瞥来一次爱怜的见地,就会使我的生命直到死后还是甜蜜的。

But if there be only cruel glances?

倘若那只不过残酷的眼色呢?

I will keep them piercing my heart.

我要让它永远穿刺我的心。

Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant, you ask for all that one has.

是了,是了,我了解你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的所有所有。

27

Trust love even if it brings sorrow. Do not close up your heart.

即便爱只给你带来了忧愁,也信赖它。不要把你的心关起。

Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them.

呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不会。

The heart is only giving away with a tear and a song, my love.

心是应该和一滴眼泪、一首诗歌一块送给人的,我爱。

Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them.

呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不会。

Pleasure is frail11 like a dewdrop, while it laughs it dies. But sorrow is strong and abiding12. Let sorrowful love wake in your eyes.

喜乐像露珠一样地脆弱,它在欢笑中死去。忧愁却是坚强而耐久。让含愁的爱在你眼中醒起吧。

Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them.

呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不会。

The lotus blooms in the sight of the sun, and loses all that it has. It would not remain in bud in the eternal winter mist.

荷花在日中开放,扔掉了我们的所有所有。在永生的冬雾里,它将不再含苞。

Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them.

呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不会。


相关文章推荐

03

17

名人诗歌|Day That I Have Loved

Tenderly, day that I have loved, I close your eyes,And smooth your quiet brow, and fold your thin dead hands.The grey ve

03

17

名人诗歌|THE TUMMY BEAST

One afternoon I said to mummy,Who is this person in my tummy?He must be small and very thinOr how could he have gotten i

03

17

名人诗歌|Upon Westminister Bridge

Earth has not anything to show more fair:Dull would he be of soul who could pass byA sight so touching1 in its majesty2:

03

17

名人诗歌|Unsuspecting Love

Words, phrases and sentences of greeting,'How are you?' and 'Having a good day?','Wonderful to see you',And 'Oh. by the

03

17

名人诗歌|Will You Believe Me?

There's so many mistakes I've doneThat let opportunities to be goneJust like letting go of a manWho came into my life on

03

17

名人诗歌|爱情诗歌:You

I never thoughtThat love would come this wayMeeting you.I never thoughtYour sight, your nearnesswould send me into bliss

03

17

名人诗歌|April Showers

Life is a splendid thing, for sureOr could be, quite a lot,For being showered with loving friendsIs for sure, the nicest

03

17

名人诗歌|To Risk

To RiskTo laugh is to risk appearing a fool.To weep is to risk appearing sentimental1.To reach out for another is to ris

03

16

名人诗歌|Setting Your Heart Free 放飞你的心

In the spring of life, In the flower of youth, Everything is bright and new. In the summer of life, Time of growth and c

03

16

名人诗歌|The Folly Of Being Comforted

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)One that is ever kind said yesterday'Your well-beloved's hair has threads of grey,And li